Saturday, April 26, 2014

HOUR 12 — MID EVENT MEME! Halfway Done!


Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?


    Still reading The Star Attraction By Allison Sweeney. A bit disappointed by it because I expected her first go at fiction to be a lot better. Maybe the next one will be. She is my favorite actress and love following everything she does!


2. How many books have you read so far?

   
    Sadly this is my first book and had nine books lined up. Since I'm so slow I'm planning on reading my shortest reads so maybe I can finish some more reads. I'm not doing the full 24 hours and plan on stopping my reading around 10 or 11pm. 


3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?


     The book I was looking forward to during the Read-a-thon I most likely won't get to. It was The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld. I plan on saving it on my tbr for after the readathon. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my two shortest reads The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket and Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm. They are both under 200 pages so I at least have a small chance of finishing them.


4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?


    I had to work in the morning so part of my day I couldn't read. Other than that, I cut my usual nap after work short so that I could get more reading done. 


5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?


    Besides work, I took an hour and fifteen minute nap. Had some leftovers for dinner so I didn't have to go anywhere and be too distracted from the -thon. I wish I could read more but I've been so fatigued from work that I'm only doing about eight-ish hours.


6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?


    I like it because everything over at the read-a-thon site seems much more organized than past years. It just makes the whole process much easier. I've been following over there, on blogger, and on twitter.


7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

   
None that I can think of. I really do love how well everything is organized. It's much more enjoyable this year then in past -thons.



8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?


    If I could possibly get the day off I could devote more of my time to getting more read. I might even take the Monday after the read-a-thon off so I'd have extra time to catch up on sleep. I did this on another one and it worked very well for me. I enjoyed and felt accomplished when I made it to the 6 am time. I wish I could do it this year but I have too much going on. 


9. Are you getting tired yet?


    Well I took a short nap but I am feeling a little bit fatigued. I don't plan on staying up much past 11pm so I should be okay. 


10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?


     Well for myself I find it makes it easier to type up a list of all the books that I plan on reading. I sorted the list by shortest to longest reads and I noted if they where kindle books or not. Other than that, not I don't really have any tips. I do enjoy the whole blogging process and only do it during the read-a-thon because it's the only time of year I'm motivated enough to blog. I always want to write reviews on here about books but I'm just not good at expressing my opinions like others are.

No comments:

Post a Comment