Monday, January 07, 2013

Review: Jabberwocky By Daniel Coleman

Jabberwocky
Author: Daniel Coleman

Summary
(From Goodreads)

The story behind Lewis Carroll's masterpiece poem. You know how it ends, but you won't believe how it happens.

My Thoughts

This was a very hard book for me to get interested in. I kept thinking as I was reading it that it would get better. Boy was I wrong. It really seemed as if this story was very plot driven and I just didn't get the point of it. As a result of that, I only gave it one star. I really wanted to rate it better and never rate so lowly typically. 

Tjaden is the main character who is becoming an elite and marrying his sweetheart Elora.  Along with his best mate Ollie he must save the town from the Jabberwocky. I felt like there was a lot missing from these characters and I've read better Fantasy books from this genre. 

I wish I could say more about the storyline as so many reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon just love the storyline. I just don't get it and was very upset that for the first book I finished in the new year I didn't absolutely love it. 

My Ratings



Wish I could rate it better but this one just wasn't for me. I didn't see the point of it!


Sherri 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've had this one on my wishlist for awhile myself, keeping an eye out for it to come up free again for the Kindle. I'm a HUGE fan of anything to do with Alice in Wonderland so I dunno, perhaps I might like it a little better than you did, but I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts, even though you didn't care for it very much.

    ReplyDelete