Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon

     So I'm preparing for Saturday's 24 hour read-a-thon.  This time I don't have the need to cram into a short span because I've surpassed my reading goals for the year.  I'm just planning to enjoy myself and have fun.  Which means that I'm planning on getting up a few hours later than the normal start time.  My plans are to participate in about twelve hours of the read-a-thon.  I didn't get any snacks this time around but I'm hoping to just find stuff from around the house.  This read-a-thon is starting on Saturday, October 22 at 8 am in my area.   If you are interested in signing up for this read-a-thon you can go to the site at http://24hourreadathon.com .



Here is the list of possible reads which I'm keeping track of on Goodreads:

Treasure Island  by Robert Lewis Stevenson 160 pages (Kindle)
Cinderella  by Henry W  Hewet 24 pages (Kindle)
Stuart Little by E.B. White  144 pages (Kindle)
Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom 192 pages (Kindle)
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells 192 pages (Kindle)
For One More Day by Mitch Albom 197 pages (Kindle)
Elliot and the Goblin War by Jennifer A Nielsen 208 pages (Kindle)
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 208 pages (Kindle)
February Flowers by Fan Wu 256 pages (Kindle)
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau 270 pages
Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire 280 pages
Dancing on Sunday Afternoons by Linda Cardillo 288 pages (Kindle)
A Little Love Story by Roland Murillo 288 page (Kindle)
Wuthering Bite by Sarah Gray 362 pages
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire 372 pages
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 374 pages (Kindle)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater 400 pages 
Wicked by Gregory Maguire 406 pages
The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne 432 pages
The Awakening and the Struggle by L.J. Smith 492 pages
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer 498 pages
Grimm's Fairy Stories by Jacob Grimm, Carl Ludwig 609 pages (Kindle)


Total Possible Pages: 6,652 


Good luck to everyone!  I'll be doing my usual updates on all the social sites and trying to participate as much as possible in the challenges.  I love winning free books! Happy Reading All!




7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you joining us again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Have fun today!

    Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh GOOD idea to track on goodreads! I love updating my reading status there but didn't think of using it on this crazy day.
    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, you might want to take off wordvert just for today to increase commenting opps and if you have a link to your goodreads id, I'll friend you? or at least follow you there. I'm on twitter, too: @BkClubCare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it's going well. Great idea to track on goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! How do you turn off word vert? I'll look for my link to good reads and let you know. I'm @sherrisue76 on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1339711-sherri

    There's my link to my profile on goodreads. I'd love more friends!

    ReplyDelete